Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Bright Side of the Road

A year ago today, a Chinese American man aged 81, died on my flight from Amsterdam to London. He was travelling with 8 of his family. He had a heart attack and we tried to resusitate him, using CPR and the defibrillator. Unfortunately by the time the paramedics arrived and tried as well, he had died. I will never forget that day.

It is fitting that today was also Linda's Memorial.

After all singing Amazing Grace, the Vicar played one of Linda's favourite songs - 'Nothing Compares to You' by Prince.
Then Clara stood up and said a few words about her Mum. It was truly beautiful, I could feel the tears welling up inside me. How she managed to speak is beyond me. She is one very strong girl. Clara, if you are reading this, your Mum would be proud of you, as I am.
The Thanksgiving Service for the Life of Linda ended with Van Morrison's "The Bright Side of the Road'. Linda would be smiling.

Life changes, but some things remain constant. The seasons, blue skies, starry nights and my credit card statement will always be there. Family and friends will sometimes leave us.

Tonight i light a candle for Linda and the man whose name I do not know.

1 comment:

  1. How very fitting - remember the happy times.

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....