Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Joys of Summer

Here I am again, just back from a Hamburg/Madrid 3 day trip. Pish weather in Madrid, but Hamburg was beautiful. The whole crew sat by the lake and chatted about life, whilst downing beer and schnitzel! (Diet coke for me, one of my many vices)!
Jase is off on his 1st 3 day trip on shorthaul. Barcelona, then Rome. can't be bad! So i'm pottering around the veggie garden, watering and talking to the chickens - neighbours know i'm mad, so not too worried. All seems to be doing well. The courgette plants are a bit small but doing ok.
So far we have - courgettes, runner beans, french climbing beans, sweetcorn, lettuce, cucumber, pumpkins, radishes, onions, tomatoes, spinach, swiss chard, beetroot, carrots, potatoes, strawberries, blueberries and cranberries.

I have 2 more available days at work, tomorrow and Monday. I find out at 6pm if I'm working or not. Trust me I will be! its one of the worst things about the job. Luckily I don't get too many available days. Only 22 mins to go! Probably something vile, like Moscow and back. They always save the best til the last minute!

Washed my car and he was sparkling and gorgeous. Then a wood pidgeon cr@pped on it! I wiped again and the damn thing dived bombed it once more. Bloody birds. They are nesting in the conifers we inherited with the house. Must get them cut down!

20 mins to go...............A 2 day trip would be nice as it saves the journey, but I just want to be at home with the girls.

Jase broke the lawnmower, so bought a new cheap one and proceeded to break that in 6 mins flat. Bricks aren't meant to be in the lawn, half buried by weeds, so that is the next big job to do. Maybe then we can mow without the profantities.

The weather is stunning here again, so the shorts are on! The tweeting sound of sparrow chicks nesting in the porch and the cows are in the field next to the house. Perfect.
10 mins to go..........the Waitrose pizza in the fridge is calling me. I couldn't eat the whole thing. Or could I?

UPDATE! I need to phone in at 10am tomorrow, so fingers crossed! Just for the record, I only had 1/2 the pizza!

1 comment:

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....