Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snow day!

Woke up early for work this morning to be greeted by a blanket of white.

There was no way that Mortimer the Mini could drive in this. The temperature dropped to -7.1 last night and the country lane was frozen solid. The snow is falling so thick and fast that I think it will continue all day!

I was due to work at 6.45 this morning, but had to call in and say I couldn't make it.

Some snowy pics -


I love the way that snow collects in the willow hurdles!



Not sure what to do today really. We were planning on visiting Mum as it's her birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!! The weather isn't looking too good though, as 2 inches of snow has fallen in about an hour.
Jase is due to land back from Copenhagen at 9ish and will then have to get home somehow! Not sure how the main roads are this morning as I didn't get that far. The lane is thick snow on a thick layer of ice. Gritters down the lane?? Don't make me laugh!

Think I will build the fire for later, then get dressed and do some Christmas wrapping. Might even out on my wellies and walk to Co op for some provisions. We aren't desperate for anything, as I made sure we had plenty last week when snow was forecast. If we do make it to Mum's, I wanted to bake some hobnobs for my Niece and she always requests them! Have run out of porridge oats though, shock horror!!

I have been to let the hens out, but they were less than impressed. Another tea light placed under the drinker and some mixed corn to warm up their little tummies! Don't think they will be out today.

The saddo weather websites that I am addicted to, are forecasting heavy snow for this area all day. Judging by the snow so far, we won't be going anywhere for a day or two.

Better get dressed and start getting organised. Am tempted to shovel the snow off the driveway, but might leave that until later. Staying in with the fire lit has much more appeal!

C x x x

1 comment:

  1. Mind you don't do your back in, Christian!

    Hope Jase made it back .... a friend's son is stuck at Heathrow, trying to get home to Vancouver for Xmas .... might be a bit of a wait.

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....