Thursday, December 30, 2010

Only a couple of days left...

Afternoon everyone!

Things are starting to return to normal again this week. After a vile 10 hour drive back from Scotland, we are now settled again at Farm Cottage. Still a few things to tidy away and then we'll be back to normal. We had a very relaxing time at Jase's Mums and I have convinced her of the evil that is roast potatoes cooked in goose fat. It is a slippery slope.

Jase's laptop decided to give up the ghost this week, so he is on the look out for a new one. He has decided to abandon Microsoft and go for a Mac (Yay)!!! He won't regret it. The only trouble is, we were planning on redoing the utility room in the New Year, looks like that will have to wait for a bit due to finances. The 3 metre work top will have to stay in the lounge for a bit longer I guess.......

Now I have more time, I can show you what I have been working on for weeks as it was given to my Mum for her Birthday a couple of weeks ago.




I started with the idea of making Mum a lap quilt, but got carried away with the nice fabric and it ended up large enough for a double bed! Really wish I hadn't done the quilting as tram lines either side of the seams, as this used up 500m of thread and caused my back to go into spasm a few weeks ago. Couldn't post the reason why in case Mum read it! Hee hee.

The back is lovely fabric from Quilter's Dream which Mum loves!

=

I have one more Layer cake left so might make a quilt for the lounge. That can be my project for next year as it takes so long to make. Something cosy for the sofa on a cold winter's night.

The hens are fine, well looked after and spoilt (judging my the amount of corn gone from the tin) by next door. Elsbeth is still moulting, but her dark grey feathers are looking good. I need to do a thorough clean in the run at some point. It isn't too bad, but with a week of snow, they didn't venture out much. The thing that amazes me most is the amount of poo they produce. HUGE quantities in a matter of days. I have 3 compost bins (that are all due for a turn) full to the brim with chicken ****.

Father Christmas was very kind and sent me lots of lovely things. I am a complete bookaholic, so that is always a safe bet with me.


Jase decided to get me an external hard drive to back up all of my pictures - something I never do. Will have to sit down and work out how to use it soon. Am slightly concerned at the noises my laptop is making. The fan seems to be on quite a lot. Maybe it has something to do with my new addiction (no, it isn't an addiction, just new I keep telling myself). Facebook. So many people are surprised that I haven't been on sooner, but I have been trying to avoid it if I'm honest.

Jase got in from work a couple of hours ago and is having a nap. Time to wake him up with a coffee, so better dash. Still stunned that 2010 is nearly over.

Stay warm and cosy.

C x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....