Saturday, March 22, 2008

A hen course in a blizzard?

Up at 6.15 as Jason was going to work for a couple of days.

I have a hen course at 10am this morning and need to get a few bits done before everyone arrives. It's 1.5 degrees and snowing outside. Perfect weather to stand around talking chickens. Not. Will rig up the patio umbrella and hand out all weather gear as they arrive. The wind is coming from the Arctic, so that should stop them all from falling asleep!

Scones, biscuits and banana cake are made. Eglus relatively clean, so not too much to do outside. Still need to brave the weather and hang up signs outside. I get at least one call every time saying they are lost!

Think i will build the fire just in case we are all frozen when we come back inside.

More later if my fingers aren't numb.

C x

1 comment:

  1. hey mr.

    just caught up on your carrie blog, what a busy bee you've been.

    I do hope J is ok now. How are you btw>?

    Come on MSN , i miss our chats!!! :(

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....