Monday, July 02, 2007

July at last, but waterproofs for chickens?

Here we are in sunny (?) July and the weather is still pants! Jason's Sister and her Boyfriend arrived on Friday night after a long drive down from Scotland. It has been pants here. Constant rain but we made the most of it. We visited Stockbridge and a Homes and Gardens fair. I managed to get 2 'bistro' sytle chairs which I have been searching for. The lady at the fair was too busy to get lunch, so I got her a couple of sandwiches and we did a deal on the chairs!!!!!
We went to Romsey Farmers market yesterday and bought some bits and bobs, then came home for a huge roast dinner, crumble and cheese and crackers. A game of scrabble after dinner and then started cooking scones at 11pm for them to take home for Jason's Mum, I must be mad!

They enjoyed the break and it was lovely to see them. Shame they left this morning to drive back again.

Far too much eating and drinking and the obligatory game of Monopoly! Have put on 3 stone in 3 days i think!


The river Test on the way to the fair was really high. The rain hasn't really affected us as such, but the constant down pours are driving me nuts. I like to be outside 'pottering' round the garden picking, weeding and tying in!

The girls have been issued with waders to access their nice, boggy run. Babs had a bath yesterday as her frilly knicker feathers were matted with *cough* fertiliser. She was walking like John Wayne and I thought we had a repeat performance of her egg bound times. She happily sat in the plastic trug, whilst I gave her a shampoo and set. She is looking pretty again now and seems fine. I think her moult is nearly over as the garden is no longer covered in ginger feathers. Fingers crossed for eggs soon.
Laverne and Shirley are popping the eggs out daily, so Chris the Postie was happy when he got a box last week. need to get more chickens I think, as demand is greater than supply. Its good business sense! Well thats the argument I think I'll use!


Off to eat a scone or 4 now................see you all soon. C x x

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Christian! Just popped on to the spot for a wee nosey and was delighted to read that Fraser and Vari made an entry. We had a lovely time when we were down and the journey home wasn't too horrid.
    I hope the chairs are at home with the girls in the garden.
    Much love, Vari xxx
    P.S. Mum loved the scones

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....