Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One more day!

Day 6 at work today and just one more day until i'm off!!!! The week started well with a 3 day trip to Berlin and Nice. Had a lovely time flying with 2 friends. Lunch in Berlin and shopping and chatting in Nice. Oh the glamour!

Stand by on Monday morning, resulting in a Munich and back with the oldest crew I have ever seen! Kiev and back yesterday (yes former Russia). Far too long a flight for my liking. No one caught smoking, but several mobile phones on! Managed to have a sneaky ciggie behind an old house in the middle of the airfield. Refreshed and relaxed was ready to fly home again. They have given me a Paris and back today, landing at 8.30pm tonight and will find out tomorrows duty tonight, when i get back.

Jase got a double (4 flights) on overtime today (Ker-ching) so got up early with him at 5.15 this morning (i must be mad). Going to pop in Andover to get a few last minute bits for our holiday on Sunday. Really excited now. A week in a private villa, own pool and lots and lots of sun! (Probably jinxed it now, flash floods and monsoon weather).

The girls are fine. Babs still moulting, Laverne laying the odd soft egg and Shirley laying well. Am redesigning the garden at the side of the house to accommodate another eglu or eglucube. Haven't decided which yet. Need to redo the outbuilding roof, paint the outside doors and water proof the utility room brick work before we buy anything chicken related..........well thats what he says! :0)

Bye for now!

Back from Andover now, got some shorts/tshirts in Next, Grow Your Own and Practical Poultry magazines from Smiths, (sad I know). Also went into Waterstones, my favourite shop, for some holiday reading and suntan lotion and nicorette gum from Boots.

Now, before you all start rejoicing at the thought of me giving up, I'm not. Just want to cut down a little. Popped the gum in my mouth, not bad. After 10 mins, I felt good and the craving had gone away. Psychological? Maybe, but it worked. Then the sweating started. Then the hiccups. Then the dizziness. Spat the gum out and lit a ciggie. Felt better. £6 wasted but at least I tried. Off to sit in the garden now and read my mags. (and smoke)!

A couple of hours peace before I have to get ready for work.

1 comment:

  1. What are you like!!!!

    I just noticed on your list the Ladies No.1 Detective Agency

    I read the whole series - got them from a charity sale - for £2 the lot!

    Great weren't they - I thoroughly enjoyed the simple way of looking and solving things, and the 'traditional' sized ladies LOL

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....