Saturday, August 02, 2008

Give them a calculator!

I can't believe it is August already! I need to get Christmas preparations ready soon. I have the 24th-27th December as leave this year and the 28th dec-02nd Jan as my part time week!!! Taking into account my part time week 30th November-6th December and 7 days off that month, it is looking pretty good work wise!! only 10 days at work :0)

I think I will start doing the Christmas puddings this month. Give them time to mature before the big day. Not sure what we are doing this year as Jase didn't get leave yet (there is still hope) and with Mum's chemotherapy starting at the end of August, we don't know what to do for the best. Would love everyone to come here, light a fire and have a very chilled out time, but don't think that is going to happen somehow.

I haven't mentioned my Mum on here as yet. I know she reads this, as she is the one who nags me to update it all the time. Needless to say, she is doing very well, always smiling and looking on the positive side of things. Treatment is plodding on, well steaming along actually and the outlook is fantastic. She is very strong. Stronger than me. You know where I am if you need me. Love you Mum. X x x

Winifred, Elsbeth and Prudence are all moulting gradually, but still laying. We had 2 eggs today, Laverne doesn't come into the equation as she has more or less retired now. Having said that she did lay 2 eggs the other day. One whopper and a soft egg. The other girls laid too, so 5 eggs from 4 chickens!! Not bad! They obviously can't do maths.

Mum and Dad came down today, so I baked some gingerbread men. And stars. And chickens of course!! They do taste good. Christmas hamper fillers I think.

We went to the garden centre and I bought a couple of giant chrysanthemums (can't believe I spelt that correctly)! and a large tub of Gladioli 'Jester' - no idea what colour they are, will google later. The man at the till didn't know how much they were, so said "Give me a pound"! Mum grabbed a pot too! *wink*

Time to head off to the sofa and finish my book - The Book Thief. Brilliant, so far! read 3/4 of it in a few days.

Jase should be home from Madrid soon, just checked and he is an hour late! Typical on your last day isn't it?

Bye for now!

C x x x

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your blog - and am impatiently awaiting the next instalment...!

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....