Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And relax......

Good morning everyone! What a busy week it has been!

On Friday, my Aunty, Uncle and Cousins visited from Germany. I haven't seen them in about 7 years. Nice to catch up.

On Saturday was my Brother's wedding. A lovely hotel near Basingstoke. Charlie the bride looked stunning and we had a nice day/evening. Jase and I were nearly the last to leave at midnight.

Ellis and Grace, my nephew and niece looked adorable in their wedding outfits - Ellis couldn't wait to get his tie off!!

On Sunday we drove my Gran back to Kent and popped in on Mum and Dad for an hour or so. They went out and left me with the children, as Andy and Charlie are away on their honeymoon, Mum and Dad are babysitting for the week. After an hour I was exhausted. Good luck to Mum and Dad, they have them all week!

Yesterday was my Birthday and we went out for lunch and visited a garden centre, then out for dinner to a local Indian......both felt full to bursting as we left so must have been good!

It looks like a Nigella Lawson shop in the lounge! Loads of lovely Bowls, serving platters and measuring cups! Can't wait to use them all!

Shirley looked a little hunched and unwell last night, so left her in the eglu overnight with Pru sat next to her keeping watch. No better this morning as she was still in the nest box where I left her last night. She is now sat in her cat box in the kitchen with me, checking my spelling. A bowl full of sweetcorn and water and a towel to keep her warm. Not sure what is wrong, she has a red comb, with a slight temperature but isn't right in herself. I'm hoping it is a soft shelled egg on the way. She will feel better once it is laid. She is drinking lots of water and honey and pecking at the odd bit of corn. She seems to prefer the scone that I am eating!

We had a log delivery late last night, so I have 2 cubic metres of logs to get off the drive at some point today.

The heating is back on as it has turned really chilly again. I was in shorts this time last week! Mad dash to wrap up the veggies in fleece the other night, as frost was forecast. It was 4 degrees at 5am this morning!

Hoping this week will be calmer........

Off to get dressed now and tackle that log pile!

2 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday..............Philip

    ReplyDelete
  2. ar Shirley's not well... hope she perks up soon.

    And belated Happy Birthday

    xx
    Hazel (WitchHazel)

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....