Monday, February 05, 2007

MY FIRST DAY..........



I received my eglu and three beautiful chickens from Omlet on the 21st July 2006 and have only just had time to start a blog!

I took the day off work and sat tapping my fingers for 3 hours waiting for the Omlet man. The phone rang to say he was lost (not the easiest house to find, just 8 houses in the village) but eventually he arrived with Laverne, Shirley and Babs!!!!

After showing me how to clip the chickens wing, to stop them flying, he handed me Babs and said 'now you try'! quite scary at first but she didn't flinch at all!

They have settled in nicely and we were getting on average 18 eggs a week from the 3 ladies.
We are currently getting about 12 a week at the moment as its winter, the girls lay less as the daylight hours are reduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....