Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gas mask required...



They say that life gets in the way of things, but in truth it has been death that has stopped me blogging for so long. I love doing my blog and I really appreciate all the comments and (nagging) emails when I don't update my blog often enough :0) however, the past few months have had their ups and downs.  Mainly family related with a couple of relatives causing problems that I won't go into.  

Just for the record, I am absolutely fine.  I can't tell you how much I miss giving Mum a call and just chatting to her, but I need to stop talking about that before I start welling up.  You've all waited long enough and a tear splattered ipad isn't going to help me publish a post!  Yes, I have finally worked out how to write/post from my ipad (so no more excuses),  even though the layout is a bit weird on here, I'm trying! 


As usual there is always some kind of drama happening at Bramble Cottage, but nothing too sinister and nothing that a few strongly worded emails to a door and window company won't sort out. Eventually. 

So, here we are in December! My favourite month.  Been busy doing craft fairs and steaming what seems like hundreds of Christmas puddings! All have now been dropped off/posted/delivered.... trouble is, I have even sold the one I made for me, so it looks like I'll have to buy one. 



Bento box madness has arrived at Bramble cottage.....it is the only reason I actually look forward to going to work. 








Talking of work, it is hideous at the moment.  The atmosphere is worse than a hog roast at a vegan convention. I can't say too much, but I have taken a paycut decided by a group of people on a different pay structure to me.  The company Gestapo are probably monitoring this (paranoid? Me??) but I am just so angry.  Changes came into effect on the 1st of November, which means my November allowances (paid at the end of December) are a couple of hundred pounds a month down!  Happy Christmas Christian!  Now I have said too much.  Will have to go out in headscarf and dark glasses now.  Anyway, work is work and it keeps Bramble Cottage warm.  I've only got 6 more days on from Monday and then I'm off until after Christmas.


I have been having a bit of a saga with a window and door company.  They have so far been here FIVE times and my windows and front door still aren't fixed.  Things are looking better though and the kitchen is like a sauna now.  I needed a new lintel above one of the kitchen windows and a large chunk of wall collapsed.  All fixed now with Flint and lime mortar, several cups of tea (for the builders who pulled the window company out of the shit) and numerous calls to the MD. 



I have been assured the mortar will fade! 

Just the windows to be painted white, the kitchen needs a touch of re plastering due to damage, the front door painted green, locks changed, new letter box and something sorted out about the gale blowing under the new oak door.  

I found this picture of Milo the wonder dog when he first arrived from Ireland, before he went to the foster carers.  Look how small he was.  






..and him having a nap on my bench! 




It's blowing a gale out there tonight, so the fire's been lit, slobby gear on, Furface walked and currently snoring on the sofa next to me, doing little barks in his sleep and the odd fart. Bless him. He isn't actually allowed on the sofa, but I am weak when I see those big brown eyes looking up at me.  He has been such a comfort to me (and Dad), just a great friend when you fancy a cuddle.  Even though his farts are like napalm. 

Time to head off to bed now, but it will be back soon.

C x x x

p.s I had to email this post to my Macbook as it wouldn't post from my ipad!!  Any bloggers know what error 403 means? 



9 comments:

  1. Your Christmas puddings and Bento boxes look divine. I'm not surprised you sold out, you decorate them so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful to see you back - I have missed you and been worried about you. It takes such a long time to heal after losing someone and you are being so very strong and positive and have been doing your Christmas Fayres - just as she would want you to do. She would and I am sure 'is' pleased that you are achieving so very much. Milo was heaven sent and I am so glad that he is being a distraction for you and your father - sounds like you might need to change something in his diet - has he been at your Christmas sprouts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Christian - welcome back ! We had the same 'fart' problem with our dog Barney. He could clear a room with one puff. It was solved by giving him a few biscuits with a spoonful of live natural yogurt after his dinner. Problem solved.
    Have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sweet!!! Lovely to see you blogging again. Glad you are doing ok. I have a question re your lunch boxes. I always wonder how when you are on the move that everything doesn't fall all over the place and one pot spill in to the other?? I'd love to do this for the kids for school. Sorry to hear about work : ( Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Must catch up after new year xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back Christian, Ditto all comments from Lottie, above. Keep talking inwardly to your mom.It does help, esp' when something funny happens. Sorry about work. Lets hope it gets sorted soon.
    Have lots of people around you over Christmas .
    Still here in the depths of the Vendee, and Blanche my ancient chicken laid an egg today. First one in 8 months
    xx to Wonder fart
    xx to You

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back Christian. sorry I missed this post when you made it. A very happy christmas to you. It will be different without your mum, and she'll always be with you in your heart.

    blessings to you,. leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry ChristiIan to hear about your Mum - carry on doing your lovely hings r your Mum she would be so proud xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christian I'm sorry to hear about your Mum - do the things you love doing - your Mum would be so proud !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're okay, Christian. Its wonderful to be reading your blog again and to know that you, your Dad and Milo are getting through your most difficult days together. Welcome back. Suzanne in Northwich xxxx

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....