Sunday, October 02, 2011

Is it October?

It's a heat wave! 28C according to my weather station. Am I right? It IS October isn't it? *confused* Been wearing shorts for two days now.

Right then, we din't exchange contracts last week. Looks like we will do next week, but won't complete until the 21st of October and even that is pushing it. I am tempted to say the 28th now, as that will be my part time week again!

Felt dodgy all day yesterday/today. Weird stomach cramps - think it might just be nerves about the move etc, but not sure. Eating makes it worse, so just drinking lots and hoping it will pass. It got so bad last night that I went to bed at 9pm! Unheard of! Not ideal, but I will at least lose some weight. Been stuck at the 12/7 barrier for a while now......


Spent yesterday sewing Christmas stockings as you do. I am really pleased with them. They are long like old socks, more of a traditional stocking, as I sold out last year. You can just see one Here

WIth some of the money I made at the Michaelmas fair, I went to Quilter's Dream yesterday and bought some Christmassy fabric to start making mini bunting. £40 and a bag of lovely fabric & ribbons later, I set to work with Christmas carols playing on my laptop. Shame that it was 25 degrees C outside! A frost covered garden would have been more appropriate!

I forgot to post a picture of the Merry-go-round horses from the Michaelmas fair! So here you go!


There was also a new Florists at the Fairground Centre. She has set up her shop in an old Shepherd's hut which is absolutely stunning! Small but perfectly formed with bunting around the top. The Fairground needs a Florist and I am sure that I will be a regular customer.

Time for another dose of peppermint tea (if it is good for you, why do I retch with every mouthful)?? then back to the stockings!


C x x

3 comments:

  1. I do hope you're feeling better now christian, don't worry you will be sitting by that aga eating mince pies before you know it (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian, there is a bug going round - doesn't last long but symptoms are cramping pains and sickness. Hope you get well

    ReplyDelete

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....