Monday, March 07, 2011

How much longer?

6 days of work now done. Not the hardest working block I have done, but getting up between 3-4am every day took it's toll. I got home around 11am this morning, checked the hens, cleaned them out and headed upstairs. Such a waste as it was a stunning day, blue skies and quite warm, but my bed beckoned. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed. I crave it when away. Woke up at nearly 3pm and felt bleary eyed, hair standing on end and fuzzy. Must have slept well.

3 days off now and heading to the Apple store in Southampton tomorrow, to get my iphone fixed. We will pop into IKEA on the way and see what delights they have to offer. Need some pillar candles and that's about it, but we'll see what we come home with.

A laptop genius friend is coming down on Wednesday and Jase has a kidney scan on Thursday - after a bout of suspected kidney stones a couple of weeks ago. So that is the next few days off planned! Back to work on Friday for 6 days. Can't wait.

I have made several more felt number and stitched extra large safety pins to the back, will post pictures when I get a chance.

I haven't seen Jase since Tuesday, nearly a week now. He will be home tonight and we both have days off together. Plans are underway for the utility room, when next door get back from holiday. Looking forward to seeing the back of the work tops that have been residing in the lounge for months. It will mean stacking the contents of the room in the lounge, but should only be for a couple of days.

I am now doing 3 days at the Ideal Home Show in Earls Court. The 22-24 March on The Omlet stand, so pop in and say hello if you are there. I will be the one sucking a Strepsil - always get a sore throat from talking too much. Not usually a big talker......! *wink*

I got my new laptop this week after the ibook really started to play up. This new MacBook is lovely, slightly bigger but very moochy to the touch. I won't go into details about setting it up and trying to 'migrate' all the info from my old laptop, lets just say there is reason my Mac wizard friend is visiting on Wednesday.

Jase flew to Larnaca this week and came home with a huge bag of Seville oranges and grapefruit-sized lemons. Marmalade and lemon curd are in order I think. When I get 2 spare seconds.......

No eggs from our hens today, but 3 from next doors'. We have a couple of boxes now, so will take those to Mum & Dad's later this week. Looking forward to my part time week on the 17.........counting down the days.

Country Living magazine has landed on the mat, so time to light the fire and chill out.

C x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

stop me being locked up for posting to myself.....